November/December Assembly Season Is Here: What MCS Families Need to Know
Manhattan Country School’s assemblies are important community gatherings for our children. They showcase our music program through communal singing and sometimes include spoken and musical presentations, often based on a common theme. Assemblies are also a way for children to share the experience of community with family and friends.
MCS is in the process of becoming a larger school with a larger community and its own multipurpose space to host assemblies. All families are invited to attend the Thanksgiving, Winter and MLK assemblies. Some smaller assemblies are only for Lower or Upper School families. A few new assembly guidelines have been designed to ensure that we can accommodate our families and take care of our new gathering space.
- Families should limit the number of people attending to two or three people.
- Food and drinks (other than water) cannot be brought into the gym.
- To help protect the gym floor on rainy or snowy days, guests should wipe their shoes on mats at the gym doorways before entering.
4-5s and 5-6s Sing with Parents
- Wednesday, November 9: 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Two to three family members and/or friends of 4-5s and 5-6s students are invited to attend.
- Wednesday, November 23: 11:00 a.m.
- Two to three people from each MCS family are invited to attend.
- Friday, December 16: 11:00 a.m.
- Two to three people from each MCS family are invited to attend. MCS alumni are also invited to this holiday assembly.
We look forward to sharing these annual community gatherings with you. Thank you for your cooperation with the new assembly guidelines.