Manhattan Country School Is Hiring
Manhattan Country School seeks a full-time Database Associate to begin immediately. The Database Associate will report to the Director of Advancement and be a member of the school’s Web team. This position supports all aspects of Manhattan Country School’s database.
Manhattan Country School is a progressive, co-educational, pre K-8th grade school in New York City that is recognized for its strong academic program, racial and economic diversity, and an environmental literacy program that features a 180-acre working farm in the Catskills. Committed to principles of equity and multiculturalism, Manhattan Country School is unique among NYC independent schools. The MCS educational philosophy relies on administrators who have a strong work ethic, and additionally enjoy curious and exuberant children, and are open to learning about progressive and farm-based education. All employees help build a community where diverse perspectives are valued; and appreciate the life-long impact of working together for common goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process all gifts and manage online donations
- Generate regular status reports related to capital campaign, annual giving, prospects and events
- Prepare lists for Annual Report, annual appeal and all advancement mailings
- Generate pledge reminders
- Administration of all acknowledgement letters for all constituencies
- Support all fundraising activities with database support
- Work with Business Office to execute deposits, reconcile reports and prepare for quarterly financial reports to the board and annual audit
General Database duties:
- Develop, maintain, and implement design changes in FileMaker database
- Maintain and update database records; provide class lists and directories annually to teachers
- Provide training and ongoing technical support to staff in use of database
- Manage integration of database with the school's Family Access Module and Haiku Learning Management System.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of database experience (FileMaker Pro preferred)
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Independent worker with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Familiarity with MS Word Suite and Google Drive
- Experience in school setting, diverse community, alumni relations and Spanish a plus
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume with three references to Ellen Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org.