Manhattan Country School’s annual Farm Festival is a feel-good fall event that brings together the entire MCS community and provides an opportunity to meet new friends and neighbors. This year, the event aims to be a “zero-waste” street fair, which means we will use “real” cups, plates and cutlery from our kitchen which will be washed and sterilized in our kitchen throughout the day. We will also have compost and recycling waste stations.
Here are a few tips to make your Farm Festival experience comfortable, enjoyable and eco-friendly:
1. Building Policy – For the protection and safety purposes, no access will be granted to the Manhattan Country School building, except for select staff and Farm Festival volunteers. Guests 21 and over attending the Ribbon Cutting Event and/or the Alumni Reception are permitted to enter the building at 3:15 p.m.
2. Bring a Water Bottle From Home – There will be two free water stations in front of MCS and other beverages for sale along the street. Reusable mugs will be available for sale.
3. Buy an MCS Travel Mug – And get free refills of coffee and hot cider all day!
4. Tickets – Tickets may be purchased at three ticket tables on the street. Tickets can be used to purchase food and to enjoy kid’s activities and crafts. Tickets cannot be used at the Marketplace near Amsterdam Avenue (Farm Stand, Children’s Boutique and Books & Games).
5. Lost Children – MCS Parent security volunteers (wearing neon yellow staff shirts) will bring lost children, as well as parents of lost children, to the amplified Main Stage in front of MCS. Announcements will be made over the mic and the security volunteer will stay with the child until they are reunited with their parent.
6. First-Aid – The First-Aid Kit will be stationed at the Volunteer Check-In table in front of the school building.
7. Lost & Found – Lost & Found will be stationed at the Volunteer Check-In table in front of the school building.
PARENT VOLUNTEERS – Thank you in advance for taking the time to volunteer during the Farm Festival. Please arrive early at your assigned posts. Without parent power, our Farm Festival couldn’t happen.
WEATHER – The weather on Saturday, October 20, is expected to be overcast with a high of 65 and low of 45 including light winds.