The Baking Club's Blondie Recipe
Saturday, December 1, 2018
From the MCS Kitchen to your home, Amanda and the Afterschool Baking Club present Blondies!
- 2 sticks soft butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a 8-9” square pan (for fewer thick blondies) or a 9” x 13” pan (for more thinner blondies) and dust lightly with flour to coat the bottom and sides.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and both sugars till fully combined (no traces of visible butter remain). Stir in the eggs and vanilla and mix till smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, salt and baking soda, then add to the wet ingredients and stir till fully combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips, then scrape batter into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of the pan, till the top is dark golden brown and a toothpick or sharp knife comes out relatively clean when inserted!