Farm Festival is Manhattan Country School's annual community-building and fundraising event.
This year’s Farm Festival features:
- family-friendly rides, games, arts and crafts and live music
- a wealth of culinary treats, including savory grilled fare, hearty side dishes and homemade baked goods
- a marketplace featuring farm-fresh produce, handmade goods, and new and gently used books, kids' games and children’s clothing
- a raffle drawing (prizes: $1,500, Nintendo Switch gaming system, a smart watch, two $100 Le Pain Quotidien gift cards, 10 AMC movie tickets, $100 Amazon gift card) Buy your raffle tickets online. The raffle drawing will take place at Farm Festival at 3:10 p.m on the entertainment stage. You don't have to be present at the drawing to win.
- an online auction, featuring one-of-a-kind items and experiences, which runs until October 30.
Farm Festival Entertainment Lineup
- 11 a.m. to 11:50 a.m. Josh Levine, a bassist and singer specializing in jazz, Latin music and music for kids.
- 12 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. Luis Guzman and Kevin Guzman, a duo performing traditional Jibaro music from Puerto Rico and the Latin Diaspora.
- 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Ezra Gale, bassist, composer and 1985 graduate of Manhattan Country School, and Kakande, a West African dance band.
- 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Strings N Skins, a band that combines classical, pop, traditional and urban music.
- 2:40 p.m. to 3:10 p.m. Dance instructor and choreographer Davin McLeod, who will give a Soca dance performance and then lead the audience in an interactive performance workshop.
- 3:15 p.m. to 4 p.m. Los Colombian Roots, a collective of Colombian-born, New York-based musicians who pay homage to the Afro-Colombian traditional music known as Gaita, Cumbia, Bullerengue and more.
When: Saturday, October 21, 2017
11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
(rain or shine)
Where: West 85th Street between Columbus and Amsterdam avenues
Who should attend Farm Festival?
Farm Festival is ideal for ages three and up.
How do I get there?
Take the 1, B or C subway train or the M7, M11, M86 M104 buses to to West 86th Street, then walk to West 85th Street between Columbus and Amsterdam avenues.
How much does it cost?
Admission is free. Tickets for food, games and rides are available for purchase. Each ticket is $1 and food and activities range from two to eight tickets.
What forms of payment are accepted?
Cash and credit cards will be accepted.
I can't attend Farm Festival, but I would still like to support the school. What can I do?
You can purchase raffle tickets. You don't have to be present at the drawing to win. You can also participate in the online auction. We also encourage you to tell your friends and family about Farm Festival and the Farm Festival Auction.
What if I still have questions?
Call Manhattan Country School at 212-348-0952.
Images from 2017 Farm Festival