On Tuesday, November 28, 2017, Manhattan Country School will again be participating in #GivingTuesday, a national day to celebrate philanthropy. We hope you’ll join the MCS community in showing your support.
Last year, we set a #GivingTuesday fundraising goal of $50,000 and surpassed it thanks to the generosity of people like you. This year,we’re aiming even higher with a goal of $60,000. To help us reach this target, we are offering an opportunity to double the impact of one's gift. Some friends in the MCS community have promised to match every dollar (up to $60,000) donated on November 28. This means your gift of $25 becomes $50, $100 becomes $200, $500 becomes $1,000—and goes even further in supporting our students, our teachers and staff, our school and our community.
Here’s how you can support Manhattan Country School on #GivingTuesday:
- Give online on Tuesday, November 28.
- Text GivingTuesMCS to 41444 on Tuesday, November 28 to receive a link to make a donation by phone.
- Mail a check to Manhattan Country School, 150 West 85th Street, New York, NY 10024. (To participate in the matching-gift challenge, envelopes must be postmarked by 11:59 p.m. November 28.)
- Make a donation via the Manhattan Country School Facebook Page. Facebook and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will be matching up to $2 million of funds raised on Facebook beginning at 8 a.m. EST on #GivingTuesday. Donations to nonprofits, including MCS, made through Facebook’s charitable giving tools will be matched up to $50,000 per nonprofit.
- You can also help us reach our #GivingTuesday goal by creating your own fundraiser for MCS on Facebook on November 28 and asking friends and family to make a contribution. Facebook and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will match up to $1,000 per fundraiser.
Your support of Manhattan Country School on #GivingTuesday will help ensure that we are able to sustain our founding mission, cultivate critical thinkers and activists, and grow our impact in New York City and beyond.
Help Raise Awareness About Manhattan Country School
Facebook users, you can raise awareness about Manhattan Country School and Expanding Purpose: The Campaign for the Future of Manhattan Country School by adding an Expanding Purpose Frame to your Facebook profile picture. To do this, click on your profile picture. A pop up window should open. There you should select "Add Frame" and search for "Manhattan Country School" and select the Expanding Purpose frame. Include a link to the MCS website in your profile picture caption, so your Facebook friends can learn more.