- About Us
- At The Farm
- News & Publications
- Support Us
Manhattan Country School is committed to ensuring the sustainability of our local and global environment through curriculum and practice. We are aware of the interconnectedness of the MCS community and the impact of the school on the earth. The school’s aim is to make decisions based on principles of social and environmental justice. We strive to build awareness of each individual’s role in ecological dynamics and cycles.
Curriculum in the city and at the farm will educate the community to:
- Respect earth and life in all its diversity.
- Secure natural and social resources for present and future generations.
- Encourage the community to make informed choices regarding sustainability.
- Enact policies that reflect our role as stewards of the local and global communities.
- Practice the three “R”s - Recycle, Reuse, Reduce.
- Incorporate the three “E”s - Equity, Ecology, Economy.
VIDEO: MCS on the Farm
PHOTOS: Students learning at MCS Farm