The MCS Board is establishing this Advisory Council ahead of its 50th anniversary and at a critical time in MCS’ and our country’s history. Our vision is for the Council to ensure that MCS contributes to the public discourse in the context of persistent segregation and disparities in access to good schools. When diversity and equity define few communities, and few schools inspire young people to work collaboratively for social justice, MCSAC will play a role as champions of our external profile and our public mission, as well as become leading stewards of our sliding scale tuition economic model.
We carefully contemplated persons for this inaugural Council to consist of thoughtful community leaders and supporters who can and will advise the Manhattan Country School board of trustees and staff. We would be very grateful to have your guidance and stewardship in shaping the future of MCS.
Advisory Council terms are for two years. The responsibilities of Advisory Council members are to:
- Attend two meetings for strategic discussions per year
- Contribute expertise, introductions, and resources as inspiration to the current and future work of MCS
- Be available for three to four telephone calls each year from staff seeking advice
- Allow MCS to publish your name as a member of the Advisory Council
In return, MCS promises you:
- An MCS Farm-to-table breakfast once a year with a group of peers that are intellectually and socially conscious as well as invested in the future of MCS
- Contact with an MCS faculty member or student with mutual interests
- Succinct program and financial summaries prior to meetings
- An exponential investment in your ideas and resources