- About Us
- At The Farm
- News & Publications
- Support Us
MCS faculty and staff work together in an atmosphere of mutual respect, warmth and commitment to the vision and mission of the school. Our community of more than 50 employees, in New York City and at the 180-acre MCS Farm campus in the Catskills, mirror the diversity of our student body.
MCS supports teacher-training programs at Bank Street College, City College, New York University, and Teachers College, Columbia University, among others, so there are opportunities each year for assistant, student and intern teachers in many of our classrooms as well as at the MCS Farm.
Résumés and cover letters are also accepted in the early spring for the following school year, and may be sent to Michèle Solá, Director, Manhattan Country School, 7 East 96th Street, New York, NY 10128 or e-mailed to Ellen Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Admissions
Manhattan Country School is a small pre-K through 8th grade in New York City independent school with a diverse student body and staff, and a working farm in the Catskills. We are looking for a Director of Admissions to fully assume the role beginning July 1, 2014. For 2013-14, we seek to hire an individual qualified for that position to work with the outgoing Director.
- 3-5 years teaching or relevant administrative experience
- Ability to be articulate about progressive education
- Experience working collaboratively in a diverse community
- Commitment to the school’s vision and mission
- Strong communication and administrative skills
- nursery programs in New York City
- public, independent charter schools requiring middle school placements
Spanish language fluency
Experience with school expansion