Manhattan Country School faculty and staff work together in an atmosphere of mutual respect, warmth and commitment to the vision and mission of the school. Our community of more than 50 employees, in New York City and at our 180-acre farm in the Catskills, mirror the diversity of our student body.
Current job openings are listed below. Application instructions are provided within each job posting.
MCS supports teacher-training programs at Bank Street College, City College, New York University and Teachers College, Columbia University, among others, so there are opportunities each year for assistant, student and intern teachers in many of our classrooms, as well as at the MCS Farm. Résumés and cover letters for these positions are accepted in the early spring for the following school year, and may be sent to Michèle Solá, Director, Manhattan Country School, 150 West 85th Street, New York, NY 10128 or e-mailed to Ellen Porter at email@example.com.
Campaign Coordinator (immediate start)
We are seeking a full-time Campaign Coordinator (CC) to join our highly collaborative team with the purpose of providing important logistical support for the public phase of Expanding Purpose: The Campaign for the Future of Manhattan Country School. This is a comprehensive campaign that includes the annual fund, events, and capital campaign with the goal to raise $15M by 2022. The CC reports to and works closely with the Director of Advancement. The CC is an integral member of a five-person team that also includes a Communications Director, MCS Fund and Special Events Manager, and Database and Advancement Coordinator, and collaborates with the Finance and Administration teams. The CC works directly with the Director, Board, and other Volunteer leaders.
- Support Director, Advancement Director, Board members in identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospective and current major donors.
- Regularly update comprehensive campaign prospect pipeline to help ensure timely progress toward campaign goals and benchmarks.
- Conduct and document prospect research using PRO IWave and Filemaker platforms, including preparing donor/prospect profiles, briefings for frontline solicitors.
- Provide support to Board committees including scheduling and preparing materials for meetings and attending to take minutes.
- Organize/manage cultivation, stewardship events for campaign prospects and donors.
- Produce gift acknowledgements and pledge reminders for campaign donors.
- Produce regular campaign-related reports to Director, Advancement Director and Board
- Manage campaign email account and direct/respond to inquiries as appropriate
- Assist Director and Advancement Director in executing all major gift fundraising strategies as needed.
- Work with key staff responsible for gift processing and finance to ensure proper recording, allocation, documentation, and analysis of campaign gifts and pledges.
- Provide administrative support for planned giving.
- Provide calendar and administrative support to the Director of Advancement as needed.
- Book rooms/meeting spaces and provide support for all external campaign-related meetings.
- Attend advancement related events and assist with staffing events as needed.
- Serve as a back-up for general gift processing.
- Other duties as assigned to help meet the goals of the Expanding Purpose Campaign.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Passion for MCS’ mission, experience or interest in working in a multicultural community and sensitivity to socioeconomic diversity.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum three years of experience in independent school development or major gifts/capital campaign work.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone, via email and in written correspondence.
- Excellent organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, high standards for quality, and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Discretion and tact in handling confidential information.
- A collaborative spirit and strong team ethic, in addition to being able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent command of office technology tools including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and database software; FileMaker Pro experience preferred.
Salary & Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How to Apply:
- Applicants must submit a resume, detailed cover letter and contact information for 3 references. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Send to Ellen Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Campaign Coordinator” in the subject line no later than October 31.
- No phone calls please.
MCS supports teacher-training programs at Bank Street College, City College, New York University and Teachers College, Columbia University, among others, so there are opportunities each year for assistant, student and intern teachers in many of our classrooms, as well as at the MCS Farm. Résumés and cover letters for these positions are accepted in the early spring for the following school year, and may be sent to e-mailed to Ellen Porter at email@example.com.