Manhattan Country School’s Farm Outing Day, a community picnic for MCS families (including new families joining the school in the fall), alumni and friends at our 180-acre farm in the Catskill Mountains, will be held on Saturday, June 16, 2018. In addition to picnics, there will be Farm tours, hay rides, lawn games, music, dancing and other informally organized entertainment. Food and drinks can be purchased at reasonable cost. Food options include pizza from our wood-fired oven, pig roast, hot dogs, burgers, salads, desserts and more. You may bring your own picnic lunch. You'll also want to bring a change of clothes, water shoes, instruments, kites, Frisbees, balls, or other items for outdoor entertainment.
Getting to Farm Outing Day
MCS offers a charter bus for guests attending Farm Outing Day. Seats are $32 each and may be reserved using the form below. Driving directions will be provided to those who have registered for the event. If you plan on driving, please consider carpooling to help ease the tight parking situation at the Farm.
Know Before You Go
- Pets (including dogs) are not allowed at the MCS Farm.
- Please bring water bottles from home. Water stations will be available at various locations around the farm.
- If you are bringing a dish to share with the community, remember that MCS is a nut-free school. Please include a list of ingredients with your dish.
- If you have paid for your seat(s) on one of the chartered buses, please arrive at Amsterdam and 85th Street by 7:30 a.m. on June 16. The buses will not wait for latecomers.
- Online food bracelet sales end on Thursday, June 14 at 5 p.m. You may purchase food bracelets the day of at the Welcome Table adjacent to the red barn.
- Pre-purchased food bracelets should be picked up at the Welcome Table adjacent to the red barn.
Register to Attend | Purchase Food Bracelets | Reserve Bus Seats
Food Bracelet Pricing (special online pricing available until June 14 at 5 p.m.)
- Kid | Ages 4-15: $13 (After June 14: $15)
- Adult | Ages 16 and older: $17 (After June 14: $20)
- $32 each
Even if you are not purchasing food bracelets or seats on the bus, we ask that you register so that we have an accurate attendee count. Kindly note that you do not need to bring or show printed registration receipts.
Contact MCS Special Events Manager Nancy Hsu at email@example.com.
About the MCS Farm
The MCS Farm consists of 180 acres of meadows, pastures, woods and streams at the base of Plattekill Mountain in the Catskills. There is a three-story farmhouse with an attached greenhouse, an outdoor wood-burning oven, a large barn, nature lab, weather station, textiles studio, a sap house for producing maple syrup and a recreation building. The historic Stone House is used for demonstrations of traditional woodstove cooking and for conferences. Livestock at the farm includes dairy and beef cattle, sheep, pigs and chickens. Two large gardens provide vegetables consumed year round.
Photos from 2017 Farm Outing Day